[BC] A Pirate Loop Hole?

Cowboy curt
Tue Aug 15 18:01:24 CDT 2006

On Tuesday 15 August 2006 01:29 am, RadioPower Webmaster wrote:
> I'm up all night doing software updates.... looking for a diversion.... so
> if a Pirate station were to broadcast a strong signal from a large ship just
> outside the international waters boundry into the mainland, would the FCC be
> able to do anything about that?

 According to whatever is contained in international regional treaty, supposedly yes.

> And if so, who would enforce the law? Even
> the coast guard cannot enforce US law, only international law, on the open
> seas.

 Ah, but the Navy can go anywhere !
 and who says ANY law necessarily has "jurisdiction" ??

 All sorts of things could happen in open water.

 There ARE pirates in the Caribbean.
 God willing, you'll never have to deal with such.

> Is this a possible loop hole?

 Depends on the lawyers.

> Also, the signal would travel well as
> there is no obsticles and most coastal cities are just above sea level with
> no mountains to block the signal?

 Yes, and no......

--
Cowboy