[BC] The XLR pinout debate

WFIFeng@aol.com WFIFeng
Mon Aug 14 16:40:59 CDT 2006

In a message dated 08/14/2006 12:29:16 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
cld at admin.umass.edu writes:

> The laws of life-
>
>  1) Pin 2 is red
>  2) The toilet paper goes over the roll
>  3) equipment "permanently" installed will be moved or removed within 6
>  months' time.
>
>  It all has something to do with the third law of thermodynamics I'm told.

You forgot #4-

4) Any *temporary* setup (especially those done in a crisis) becomes
permanent.

Proof: The alligator clip lead I removed (replaced with a soldered-in wire)
from our old transmitter when I was installing relays to make it
remote-controllable. That clip must have been there a good 20 years or more. Yep, that's
temporary, alright!

Willie...