[BC] IBOC Tentatively Identified as Interfering Signal

Mark Humphrey mark3xy
Mon Aug 14 13:56:12 CDT 2006

On 8/14/06, Rich Wood <richwood at pobox.com> wrote:
> There are no known problems with IBUZ.

> It must be the receiver. That would seem to make two sub par IBUZ
> receivers on the market. Sounds like a great start.

I guess the big HD Radio marketing campaign is right on target --  one
of the spots reportedly says "you can date regular radio," then claims
you'll find "high definition boob jobs" with HD.

Another radio spot demonstrates that "farts" sound better in HD.
Apparently, this is OK under the FCC's indecency guidelines -- yet,
"Timtron", WA1HLR was recently reprimanded by Riley Hollingsworth for
transmitting the sound of bodily functions in a ham band!

See: http://www.audiographics.com/agd/041306-5.htm

Mind you, I haven't been able to download these spots myself, because
Clear Channel's lawyers require an assertion I'm not legally able to
make -- but for those of you who are employed by HD Alliance members,
they're here:

http://www.areyoudefyet.com/agree/index.php

Mark