[BC] IBOC Tentatively Identified as Interfering Signal

Rich Wood richwood
Mon Aug 14 13:07:12 CDT 2006

------ At 11:38 AM 8/14/2006, Mark Humphrey wrote: -------

>The problem is apparently caused by low conductivity, combined with a
>noisy 66 kV power line which runs for several miles along this road.
>WPEN's predicted field strength should be well above 5 mV/m in this
>area, but I get less than 20 % digital reception on a good day.

First, IBUZ is supposed to eliminate all those irritating analog problems

>Is this just a problem with the JVC receiver's AM section, or an
>inherent flaw in the AM IBOC system?

There are no known problems with IBUZ.

It must be the receiver. That would seem to make two sub par IBUZ
receivers on the market. Sounds like a great start.

Rich