[BC] IBOC Tentatively Identified as Interfering Signal

WFIFeng@aol.com WFIFeng
Mon Aug 14 06:57:11 CDT 2006

In a message dated 08/14/2006 02:59:53 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
dynotherm at earthlink.net writes:

> This may be a bit cynical, but ultimately the only protected
>  coverage is going to be that in the COL or SMA, inside the
>  5.0 daytime and established NIF or 5.0, which ever is greater,
>  at night IMHO. Then, it would seem to be a significant
>  economic issue that can't be brushed aside.

Yeah... with 5k wstations getting only a few miles, 50K maybe 10-15 miles?
(In the Northeast, anyway. You folks in the south & midwest have vastly superior
ground conductivity than we do.) That would be the day... can you imagine the
outcry from the powerhouse stations, when their coverage is reduced to little
more than that of a "graveyarder"? (and the "graveyarders" would get about a
mile or 2 - the new TIS!)

Willie...