[BC] WMCA/WNYC Tower Work

brew@theMode.com brew
Sun Aug 13 21:11:02 CDT 2006

Rich.....

> That was, most likely, the WMCA/WNYC array. It almost literally floats
> in the middle of that pond. WMCA is religious, so they probably had a
> high level of permission to work on Sunday.

And, as you pointed out, the towers walk on water!

Yes, it most definitely *is* the WMCA/WNYC array.  I identified them in
the Subject line, but not in the text.

Co-incidentally, I sang in the St. Mary's Boys Choir in Burlington, NJ in
1963 with Scott Horner, now with Salem Communications, the owner of WMCA.

Scott reads and posts on this list occasionally. (Hi, Scott)  I still have
a Fender Bandmaster speaker cabinet that I bought from Scott in 1971 when
we both worked at 1460 WJJZ, Mount Holly (now off the air).  Stenciled on
the back it says 'Music and Lights by Scott'.

I seem to remember figuring out years later that the two speakers in it
were wired out of phase with one another!!!!!  Not only that, the ground
pin was on the top..... Ooops, wrong thread.

brew Bruce Schiller at CBS-TV NY Master Control Maintenance and WA2ZST