[BC] WMCA/WNYC Tower Work

brew@theMode.com brew
Sun Aug 13 13:28:29 CDT 2006

I was gazing out of the window of the train as it ran across the
Meadowlands on the way to NYC this morning and saw a couple of people
standing on the catwalk near the Dog House of the tower closest to the
train (and NYC).  For those not familiar with it, it's a three tower
inline pointing towards NYC, with a catwalk going between the towers which
all sit in a shallow pool of water.

At first I figured they were working in the Dog House, but then I saw
ropes coming down the tower and noticed they were dressed in white
painters outfits.  Closer examination revealed one of the red bands up the
tower had some older faded paint with parts of it fresh and bright.

Maybe they are doing it on Sunday with low power or a floating tower or
maybe it's just a co-incidence.

Obviously I had too much coffee this morning.......

brew  Bruce Schiller at CBS-TV NY Master Control Maintenance and WA2ZST