[BC] Fused plugs - was Hot and grounded chassis

Kevin Tekel amstereoexp
Fri Aug 11 19:54:35 CDT 2006

Kirk Harnack wrote:
> However, TRY TO FIND A NIGHTLIGHT OR PLUG-IN AIR FRESHENER THAT WORKS
> WITH THE OUTLET THAT WAY!  The ones that have an "up" preference won't
> work in "ground pin up" outlets - your scented oil ends up on the
carpet,
> or your cutesy nightlight spends its life upside-down.

All the night-lights and air fresheners that I have ever used have a
two-pin non-polarized plug, allowing them to be used in an "upside-down"
outlet.  Many also have a 90-degree swivel on the plug, so they can be
used in a sideways outlet, too.