[BC] Iowa Pirate

WFIFeng@aol.com WFIFeng
Fri Aug 11 17:38:59 CDT 2006

In a message dated 08/11/2006 1:36:06 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
ranchorobbo at hotmail.com writes:

> there was a ham in the L.A. area, who kept tying up vhf fm repeaters with
>  jamming, profanity etc. -- he got fines which he simply ignored. Last year
>  fcc finally had to show up with u.s. marshalls who locked him up.  that
was
>  what it took to get him off the air but the process took a few years.

Then there was the guy who plagued WFIF ... for *years*! On random days when
we'd sign-off, he'd be there either with derrogatory & personal insults
directed at staff and/or programming, or he'd play clips of Howard, or other
unsavory stuff. This "cat and mouse" game went on for about 5 years. We recorded
everything, submitted all kinds of documents, (including his street address, ham
callsign, etc.) etc. What it finally came down to, was a civil lawsuit against
him. That finally silenced him after we won. (He kept doing it during the
lawsuit, only never again in his own voice, it was usually just the same tape of
Howard.) What a nightmare, though. We ended up funding our attorney's new
house. :/

Willie...