[BC] Fused plugs - was Hot and grounded chassis

nakayle@gmail.com nakayle
Fri Aug 11 09:11:29 CDT 2006

     Actually it's a bad practice to put fuses in the neutral since it can
make the device appear to be "off" when it is in fact fully energized.
Fusing neutrals was done in the early days of house wiring but it is now
illegal.    The proper thing is to use a polarized plug to insure that the
fuse is always on the 'hot' side of the line- so that when it blows the
device is totally de-energized.

   - Nat