[BC] Tower Records in trouble

Fred Cunha FCunha
Wed Aug 9 09:40:27 CDT 2006

It is widespread and people will come up with all kinds of excuses when
it comes either getting songs for free or buying bootleg movies.

-----Original Message-----
From: broadcast-bounces at radiolists.net
[mailto:broadcast-bounces at radiolists.net] On Behalf Of Harold
Hallikainen
Sent: Tuesday, August 08, 2006 1:44 PM
To: Broadcasters' Mailing List
Subject: Re: [BC] Tower Records in trouble

> Barry,
>
> Recent reports indicate Tower Records is close to sale or bankruptcy,
> whichever comes first.
>
> Apparently they owe a lot to the record companies, some of whom have
> stopped shipments to Tower.
>
> Guess all those increased RIAA fees to broadcasters sure didn't help
> the record stores enough. Oh wait - you mean the record companies
> kept all the money?  Who'd a thunk?

Record retailers are probably being hit with the same issues as the
record
producers, that being consumers finding other sources for the music.
Those
include legal online sales, illegal online file transfers, and other
unlicensed copying of music. As I mentioned earlier, where I work, no
one
seems to pay any attention to copyright. Employees gladly make copies of
music and movies for each other. I'm sure it's pretty widespread.

Harold

--
FCC Rules Updated Daily at http://www.hallikainen.com - Advertising
opportunities available!