[BC] Re: WLW related historical question

Rich Wood richwood
Tue Aug 8 09:47:00 CDT 2006

------ At 11:36 PM 8/7/2006, Jeffrey Kopp wrote: -------

>Since the AM band appears to be lurching inexorably towards collapse
>(which I believe Rich is obliquely and truculently implying),

Not quite true. I don't believe the AM band is lurching toward
collapse. More accurately, I believe that the addition of IBUZ with
adjacent channel destruction will cause it to be of little value. As
it stands, it's a no-win situation. With daytime operation only,
nighttime audiences will disappear in 3029 when everyone has
receivers. Reasonable quality (not FM quality) will dump back into
the 5KHz toilet. With 24/7 operation without major transmitter site
repairs analog nighttime operation will be toast.

Rich