[BC] Re: Question on Call Letters

r j carpenter rcarpen
Tue Aug 8 05:35:52 CDT 2006

I've told this story before, bear with me. It's true.

WASH(FM) spent many years in a building in a retail area of Wheaton, MD.
The CE lived in an efficiency apartment in the building part of the
time.  The building had a big "WASH" sign on the front - at a time that
FM stations were still relatively unknown.

One Saturday morning Gene, the CE, was rousted out of bed by someone
knocking on the front door.  The "someone" turned out to be a harried
husband who had been sent out with a big bag of laundry to get WASHed.

So there.

bob c.