[BC] Re: Question on Call Letters

KC4QLP@aol.com KC4QLP
Tue Aug 8 01:54:39 CDT 2006

At 04:15 PM 8/7/2006 -0700, you wrote:
>probably not be issued, such as KSEX or KRAP.  I'll let your imagination
>fill in the others.

There is a W5SEX amateur radio call (www.wm7d.net to look it up), so that
is not unprecedented.

KRAP, maybe not.. on my building is something close, KRAD :-)

There was for a while a WRAP in the Norfolk Va market. If memory serves me
correctly, the WRAP calls were on 1350khz and then moved to 850khz [ 850khz now
sports the WTAR calls that were orginally on 790khz ] The format of the WRAP
station was pretty much like what the call sign stated....rap! or something of
that sort as this was back in the 80's [ack!]

  Bob Carter - KC4QLP
Mid-Atlantic-Engineering-Services of Utica NY / Elizabeth City NC

http://www.geocities.com/midatlanticengineeringservice
WKVU-FM Utica/Rome NY,WKVJ-FM Dannemora/Plattsburgh NY,WKYJ-FM Rouses Point
NY,WRCS-AM Ahoskie NC