[BC] TSA Lock???

John Buffaloe johnbuffaloe
Mon Aug 7 15:50:39 CDT 2006

Whenever I fly with a guitar in a road case I always open it to find a "TSA
was here" greeting card and lots of fresh finger prints all over the body.

John A. Buffaloe
Bext Inc
888-239-8462 Toll Free
619-685-3919 Direct
901-628-6615 Cell
www.bext.com

-----Original Message-----
From: broadcast-bounces at radiolists.net
[mailto:broadcast-bounces at radiolists.net] On Behalf Of Cowboy
Sent: Monday, August 07, 2006 3:20 PM
To: Broadcasters' Mailing List
Subject: Re: [BC] TSA Lock???

On Monday 07 August 2006 03:43 pm, Thomas G. Osenkowsky wrote:
> Perhaps the more important question is "How does this happen?"
> Is it a TSA agent, airline employee, airport employee or other
> unauthorized person(s) tampering with and pilfering from your
> checked baggage. If items can be removed from, they can also
> be deposited into your baggage.

 Of course !

 But the fact remains, it's now illegal to lock your luggage such that
 it can't be tampered with.
 If you do, the TSA *WILL* break into it, and it will no longer be locked,
 with exception of a TSA approved tamperable lock.

 The right of persons to be secure in their personal belongings has been
 traded away for security !

 Whether that's a good thing depends on your politics.
 Mine are with Ben Franklin on this matter.
 Clearly, he was right.

--
Cowboy