[BC] Designers then and now

DHultsman5@aol.com DHultsman5
Mon Aug 7 08:57:22 CDT 2006

In a message dated 8/6/2006 9:31:10 AM Central Daylight Time,
mark3xy at gmail.com writes:

Back  when the same companies made both transmitters and tubes, I'm
sure this was  common practice (the GE Phasitron comes to mind), but
have there been any  confirmed cases of "Tube-ola" between  unrelated
manufacturers?

Mark

It was my understanding that after initial marketing the "rights" to
manufacturer were usually cross licensed to other tube manufacturers.

For example,  the 4CX2500 tubes were available from Eimac, RCA, GE, ,  The
4CX5000A were available from Eimac, RCA, GE, Raytheon/Machlett and  others.

Eiomac is now CPI,  I guess what is left of RCA is Burle,  don't  know about
Machlette/Raytheon.

Dave Hultsman