[BC] WLW related historical question

DHultsman5@aol.com DHultsman5
Mon Aug 7 08:50:14 CDT 2006

In a message dated 8/6/2006 12:14:22 PM Central Daylight Time,
pchristensen at ieee.org writes:

You may  find some clues in Dick Perry's book "Not Just a Sound: The Story of

WLW."  It was written in 1971 and the early chapters do a pretty good  job of
discussing some licensing details.  I am not sure of the  author's original
source of information, but if may serve as one more  data-point in your
research.  Several months ago, I purchased a copy  on-line for less than $20.
ISBN: 0-13-623876-9.

It may also be  possible to access some of the old WLW transmitter logs.
They're in  existence somewhere.  Jim Hawkins may be a useful  source.

Paul

It was my understanding the it was maintained on site in hopes of WLW being
grant operating power in excess of 50 kW.  Many stations had standing
applications for powers greater than 50 kW.

Dave