[BC] WLW related historical question: Myth Busted

Scott Fybush scott
Sun Aug 6 22:26:01 CDT 2006

Miltron wrote:
> I recently ran into David Morrison, now of Columbia International University (the erstwhile Columbia Bible College) who told me the story of how the missile crisis broadcast "went down".
> It seems that he was the chief engineer of the station at the time of the missile crisis, and the station was contacted by the gvt. to see if they would run the broadcast. They said they would, but had no way to recieve the program feed; the gvt said they would handle it, and shortly the line was installed and the program ran that night.
> The only hitch to the legend is that he was not employed at WLW, but at _WCKY_ ,which is where the program was broadcast.

This makes a tremendous amount of sense, given WCKY's big directional
coverage to the south, which is still used to this day by late-night,
leased-time preachers? Wasn't WLAC also used for the broadcast, for
similar reasons?