[BC] WLW related historical question

Paul Christensen pchristensen
Sun Aug 6 12:14:06 CDT 2006

> "I do not have any concrete proof that WLW ever operated the 500 kW rig at
> any
time after they lost the privilege to use the rig full time. Therefore,
those
stories could be untrue..."

Jeff,

You may find some clues in Dick Perry's book "Not Just a Sound: The Story of
WLW."  It was written in 1971 and the early chapters do a pretty good job of
discussing some licensing details.  I am not sure of the author's original
source of information, but if may serve as one more data-point in your
research.  Several months ago, I purchased a copy on-line for less than $20.
ISBN: 0-13-623876-9.

It may also be possible to access some of the old WLW transmitter logs.
They're in existence somewhere.  Jim Hawkins may be a useful source.

Paul

Paul Christensen, CPBE, CBNT
LAW OFFICE OF PAUL B. CHRISTENSEN, P.A.
3749 Southern Hills,  Jacksonville, Florida 32225
Office: (904) 379-7802   Facsimile: (904) 212-0050
pchristensen at ieee.org