[BC] Listening in the car

Rich Wood richwood
Sat Aug 5 18:55:57 CDT 2006

------ At 04:25 PM 8/5/2006, nakayle at gmail.com wrote: -------

>  Give me a break, Rich- I certainly know the difference between streaming
>and a downloaded MP3 file.  And I didn't say there were 37,000,000 podcasts-
>I said 37,000,000 pages talking about them.

So what?

>  I'm not saying OTA radio will roll over and die- but as this ipod-raised
>generation of teens becomes adults they will continue to rely on the net for
>much of their entertainment.  Not only will this drain audience from radio,
>but advertisers will see that the net targets their customers much better
>than mass media radio can.

You really need to do some research and come up with some figures to
support this stuff. How many ad agencies have you talked to to get
their net budgets? Most have net divisions but that's not where much
of the money goes.

Before this self-absorbed "iPod-raised generation" can amount to
much, the largest generation of all, the Boomers will have to die off.

>And another thing- the success of cable and
>satellite TV shows that today's audience is willing to pay for what they
>perceive is better content, and just as OTA TV is losing audience to cable
>and sat so will OTA radio to the net.   And considering how OTA radio is
>done these days, maybe deservedly.

Figures that support this?

Rich

Rich Wood