[BC] Yet another article about HDRadio

Mike Erickson wirelessmedia
Fri Aug 4 13:01:58 CDT 2006

Here is the catch 22

I agree that secondary channels need to be presets, but with the delay in
acquiring the data, would a listener who has main and secondary presets
random in his bank think there is something wrong when there is silence at
first when punching up a secondary preset as opposed to instant analog audio
on a main preset.  They may move on to the next preset thinking there is
something wrong or that the station is out of listening range when in fact
neither is the case.

Then there is the other side, which is a consumer thinking he's saved his
oldies station as a preset, only to come back and find, on the next
go-round, that it defaults to the main channel playing whatever.

=Mike Erickson=