[BC] Early TV Audio Boards

Rich Wood richwood
Thu Aug 3 21:43:35 CDT 2006

------ At 10:25 PM 8/3/2006, Stan Tacker wrote: -------

>Back in the early 70's, I worked for an AM/FM combo that used to run a UHF
>station on Channel 25.  They used a Townsend transmitter.

I remember watching the first Townsend transmitter being designed and
built in-place at WWLP-TV (22). It was at the top of Provin Mountain
in Agawam, MA - serving Springfield. The studios were up there, too.
It was a milder version of WMTW on Mt. Washington. Difficult to reach
in Winter. Folks often slept up there in bad weather to keep it on the air.

Rich

Rich Wood
Rich Wood Multimedia
Phone: 413-454-3258