[BC] List of Overpower Class C and B FM Stations

Rich Wood richwood
Wed Aug 2 07:18:53 CDT 2006

------ At 10:41 PM 8/1/2006, r j carpenter wrote: -------

>For many, many years the head of WETA governing board was Sharon Percy
>Rockefeller. She is wife of a Democrat US senator, daughter of a Republican
>US ex-senator.  Could this have anything to do with WETA-FM being granted
>overpower long after the rules change?

How awfully cynical. What would make you think that Sharon would get
any better treatment than Josephine Six-Pack? You're suggesting
political contacts can give you a leg up over ordinary people who are
all created equal.

The great documents that made this country great and are now sealed
in non-political gas would mean much less if such things were allowed
to happen.

Next thing you'll tell me is that Halliburton got contracts because a
former ultra high dude in the company and now ultra high dude in the
country were/are connected.

What would our children think?

Rich