[BC] police entitlement

Dana Puopolo dpuopolo
Tue Aug 1 09:20:08 CDT 2006

These post 9/11 days, there's a: "fire, ready, aim" attitude in law
enforcement. Even some police officers I know complain about it. Police
officers can (and do!) literally get away with ANYTHING (unless it's caught on
videotape). An example is this incident. They've already literally ABSOLVED
the officer, based upon his statements. Guess what? They have no way to
corroborate them. Why? The other person involved is DEAD!  Personally, I find
it hard to believe the cop's entire story, based upon what I've read from
people who knew the enginer involved (ie: he'd never been known to carry a
gun). I wouldn't be surprised if this one is a 'throwdown'!

If you don't believe that we live in a police state, think again! I read last
week that in hs first four years in office,  Bush wrote more 'excecutive
orders' (read: way to GET AROUND the Constitution and Bill of Rights) then
every other President since Goorge Washington COMBINED! He's even being sued
by a member of Congress from his own party about it! With this kind of stench
pouring down from the top, is it no wonder that most every apple in the barrel
is beginning to rot?

And it's not going to get any better; it's only getting worse!

-D

------ Original Message ------
From: "cldube" <cld at admin.umass.edu>
To: <broadcast at radiolists.net>
Subject: [BC] Cell Tech, killed by police at tower site

At Connecticut's premier transmitter site, West Peak in Meriden, there was
rumoured to be
a deranged fellow who lived in the woods somewhere in the vicinity. In my
years of working there
I never once saw anyone outside of the usual hikers and bikers, but there
were several occasions when,
with the park was closed and gated, several large trees were dragged across
the only road to the
transmitter site *after* I was was there for some time and on my way out.
It was not the most comfortable feeling getting out of ones vehicle to try
to drag these things over to the side
to get out. At the time I didn't carry a cell phone, nor did I carry a
weapon aside from a mag light and/or crowbar.
I made a few visits to the park authorities to complain, but I don't know if
they ever saw
anyone. And for those familiar with the location and its lore, no, I never
did see the ghostly black dog either ;)
But it was an interesting place to be at at 3am with the voices echoing up
from the valley.
I'll bet we all have some interesting stories regarding strange encounters
at tx sites.

C. Dube
Amherst, MA