[BC] Ed Murrow movie

BOB MATZNER bobmatz
Mon Oct 31 14:57:57 CST 2005

All right-wing ideologies and the demagogues who push them need a
scape-goat. It is the common denominator that links them all together.  Hate
sells...big time..!!...Bob

-----Original Message-----
From: broadcast-bounces at radiolists.net
[mailto:broadcast-bounces at radiolists.net]On Behalf Of Rich Wood
Sent: Monday, October 31, 2005 12:11 PM
To: Broadcast Radio Mailing List
Subject: Re: [BC] Ed Murrow movie

------ At 09:56 AM 10/31/2005, Mike McCarthy wrote: -------

>Now, the televangelists of whom you speak are as outspoken as any
>Hollywood actor was/is.  However, we are not tarring and feathering
>the focal points like McCarthy's commission did.  Even Harriet will
>was shown to be not equipped for the position.
>
>Lets not confuse the two....

Let me just say McCarthy would have been their hero.

One of the guests on Meet the Press made an interesting comment about
neo-conservatives. They really don't want to be pleased, If they
were, they'd lose their fundraising targets. Same with
Televangelists. If sinners (gays in particular) didn't exist they'd
lose their cash cows.

It's like if the Devil didn't exist, religion would have to create
him/her/it. Got to have a unique selling proposition. In this case, a
unique fear proposition.

Rich