[BC] Ed Murrow movie

BOB MATZNER bobmatz
Mon Oct 31 14:42:09 CST 2005

Why insult dubwa' by calling him a "close second"...I'd call it a tie...Bob

-----Original Message-----
From: broadcast-bounces at radiolists.net
[mailto:broadcast-bounces at radiolists.net]On Behalf Of PeterH5322 at aol.com
Sent: Monday, October 31, 2005 1:10 PM
To: broadcast at radiolists.net
Subject: Re: Re: [BC] Ed Murrow movie

>Yes, they did. Those were the days when Commie Pinkos really were
>Commie Pinkos. Unfortunately, most of those accused were not and
>their lives were destroyed. The closest thing we have to McCarthy
>today are Televangelists. Dobson, Robertson, Swaggart, et al would be
>plug and play for McCarthy.

McCarthy had absolutely NO idea who the "87 Card Carrying Communists"
were, who were in the Pentagon, or elsewhere.

Now that the "Venona" archives are available, it is known who those "Card
Carrying Communists" were, and by their "work name" as well as by their
true name.

Many were in high places within the executive branch, but some were
within the national research labs.

McCarthy was looking in the wrong direction ... he should have been
looking at the executive branch, not the military ... and, he should have
been looking at himself.

Sen. McCarthy ... the most "un-American American" of all-time ... with G.
W. Bush being a close second.