[BC] RF absorption by foliage

Don Niccum donn
Mon Oct 31 10:31:46 CST 2005

> locations in the middle of a clear square mile, can't blame it on  wires,
> where the FIM read some number, say 1mV and a second later its  5 mV a
> second later its back to 1 mV.

Around here in oil country, when that happens, you look for underground oil
pipes coming from the pump jacks going to the tanks.  It tends to come at
regular intervals and if it is traveling fast, the rise and drop can be
rather sharp.  When I was tending to KINF here, we had one monitor point
that would rise and fall depending on whether a train was on the tracks a
mile or so away.

Don Niccum
Roswell, New Mexico
donn at dfn.com