[BC] IBUZ in the nulls (Was: Absorbtion by Foliage)

WFIFeng@aol.com WFIFeng
Mon Oct 31 09:50:00 CST 2005

In a message dated 10/31/2005 09:52:26 AM Eastern Standard Time,
Towers at mre.com writes:

> I can't imagine the Ibiquity signals meeting the mask if the
>  reference AM carrier is used to center the mask.

Since IBUZ begins where the normal sidebands end, it will be even more
pronounced by the fact that it's frequencies are that much more removed from
carrier. (Let alone the fact that the reference -the carrier- is many db lower.) I
don't see any way to make this thing work properly at all azimuths in a DA. It
may be possible on paper, but not a chance in the real world.

>  My little grapevine has told me that AM IBOC is in deeper trouble at the
>  FCC than FM.

To those of us who love (and live by) AM, this is very good news! Seeing and
hearing those two 1mv/m hash signals above and below WOR is proof enough for
me that IBUZ is not the answer for AM.

Willie...