[BC] RF absorption by foliage

Lewis Munn looey323
Mon Oct 31 04:34:37 CST 2005

I have also seen where tall grass in the ground system seemed to reduce the field appreciably.  I make stations I have any input to cut the grass to 3-4 inches regularly, and it seems to help.  Also helps DA system stability, I am convinced, after seeing one where they had a farmer hay it to 3" regularly.  A critical DA stayed in adjustment for years with no touchups.

Looey Munn
Roundup, MT

DHultsman5 at aol.com wrote:
There will be alot of opinions on this. Florida has usually a very low AM
conductivity except for Salt Water between NW FL and the west coast of FL.
Due to the high sand content I prseume.