[BC] Gates Yard schematic or manual

Charles Ring W3NU charlesr
Mon Oct 31 00:43:13 CST 2005

DHultsman5 at aol.com wrote:

>Also my recollection was the Studioette had an internal power supply,  muting
>and monitor amplifier.

Yes it is self-contained. I have one, fairly intact, in my basement. The
name Studioette lasted through at least two very different designs and
who knows how many small changes. The one I have is the last variety,
made in 1967. Yard, Gatesway, Dualux and TV-10 also went through several
versions and I once saw at a hamfest the front panel of a Gates console
that looked like a precursor of the Gatesway/Dualux, closer to that than
to the SA-40/SA-50. The panel was flat unlike the later ones. There was
an early Gatesway that had a rackmounted power supply and monitor amp
that closely resembled the RCA slide-in units of that era.