[BC] RF absorption by foliage

Tom Bosscher tom
Sun Oct 30 16:39:35 CST 2005

Ed Trombley wrote:

> Up here in certain parts of Michigan as well as some parts of northern
> Ohio and Indiana big conductivity swings are just a fact of life.  It
> usually happens when the ground is wet from fall rains and freezes for
> the winter.  After the ground is frozen and gets some snow on it the
> conductivities will come down some.  Then the reverse happens in the
> spring and conductivities spike when the frost melts and ground turns
> into mud.

    OK Ed, and anyone else. My question. All this talk so far is about
trees. There is one organization that will only cut their DA field grass
once every two years. When I first heard this, I said, "You mean twice a
year". Nope, only once every two years. How much does 365 to700 days
worth of grass effect the signal? It gets about 36-48 inches tall by
that time.

       Tom, not doing much intentional AM these days, Bosscher