[BC] Electrical Code, drift to towers

RLO2L@aol.com RLO2L
Sat Oct 29 15:41:48 CDT 2005

In a message dated 10/29/2005 6:57:26 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
tpt at eurekanet.com writes:

There  was a 2 tower AM in Defiance Ohio where the owner decided to make
some extra money growing Christmas trees...around the towers.  It's  now a
CC station and the "tree farm" is long  gone.

Was that WONW-AM?

In the 1970's a friend of mine and I would go to their super sectionals
basketball tournaments and broadcast from local H.S gymnasiums. John Hacha was
the announcer and I rode his levels and did sparse commentary. The broadcast
gear was junk, so I built up an Altec Lansing remote mixer from a set of
schematics and away we went. Even with el-cheapo mics it sounded a lot better  than
anything else they had! They would take our feed for ten minutes or so than
of to another school gym for ten back to us or on to others. We got about
$50.00
each for the evening. It was fun.

Russel L.  O'Toole, P.C.
R&M Consulting