[BC] Kinstar Antenna Approval

Chuck Lakaytis chuck
Sat Oct 29 12:38:43 CDT 2005

We have stations in rural Alaska that have short sticks because in the
villages the community, airport, and the transmit site are practically
"cheek by jowl".  We can never get authority for a higher tower.

This might make a huge difference at three of our AM's.
These stations have the land, they just don't have the "airspace".

Chuck Lakaytis
Director of Engineering
Alaska Public Broadcasting, Inc.
Anchorage, Alaska
907 277 6300
907 310 4339 (cell)

-----Original Message-----
From: broadcast-bounces at radiolists.net
[mailto:broadcast-bounces at radiolists.net] On Behalf Of Barry Mishkind
Sent: Saturday, October 29, 2005 9:29 AM
To: Broadcast Radio Mailing List
Subject: Re: [BC] Kinstar Antenna Approval

This design has been "shown" at several of the last few NAB shows.

What do you mean "without significant compromise?"

5%, 10%, 15% of RF.

And, please refresh my memory: how much footprint does one of these take?

For example, a 90 degree vertical at around 1400 is more or less 200
feet and requires about 3.5 acres for most zoning entities, right?

What kind of land would a Kinstar at 1400 take?

barry

At 08:37 AM 10/28/2005, Phil Alexander wrote