[BC] Cell phone activations

Alan Kline akline
Fri Oct 28 20:50:50 CDT 2005

Same here...about a year and a half ago, my wife wanted to buy a new car
charger for our Motorola phones, which were about 2 years old.  The Verizon
store people told her that they don't carry accessories for anything that
"old and obsolete".

I thought, you've gotta be kidding!  After all, I'm used to 20-year-old VTR's,
40-year-old DA's, and a tone oscillator that predated Pearl Harbor.  *Two* years
old and obsolete?  Sheesh.  These phone people have a lot to learn.

All ended well, however, since we qualified for Verizon's "New Every 2" program.
Got 2 free LG phones and a better calling plan...

ak