[BC] Gates Console Support Module/was/Yard etc etc

Phil Alexander dynotherm
Fri Oct 28 02:41:11 CDT 2005

On 28 Oct 2005 at 2:30, Milton R. Holladay Jr. wrote:

> I have seen the shelf with monitor amp and power supplies only once, on a
> custom Dualux
> -----
> > On 27 Oct 2005 at 8:28, DHultsman5 at aol.com wrote:
> >
> > > Phil:
> > >
> > > I recall that at one time the power supply, relay chassis and monitor
> amp
> > > were all modular and were mounted on a plug-in shelf.  Is that  correct?

I never did see a plug-in shelf. That must have been a special or very
late production.

The normal unit supplied with the Dualux units that I worked with was the
same as Gatesway. On one Dualux that I worked with for several years I
replaced the PS for the board with a heavier "home brew" and used the
B+ from the standard PS for the mon. amp. only.  This meant changing the
mute relay supply, but that was simple. Getting all the AC including fils.
out of the board and replacing 5879's with EF-86's made it very quiet.

Nice board but I hated changing the Centralab pre-selector switches.
Those did tend to wear fast. The ones with the Daven pots were great
after adapting the 5879's with Vector sockets to EF-86. Sadly, most of
the ones that came with EF-86 boards had those sealed Langevin pots.
Ugh. :(

Phil Alexander, CSRE, AMD
(a Div. of Advanced Parts Corporation)
Ph. (317) 335-2065   FAX (317) 335-9037