[BC] AFM Rules

DANA PUOPOLO dpuopolo
Thu Oct 27 09:16:01 CDT 2005

WBZ's Remote studio board had no VU meter, because only union techs could use
them.

They also routed the combo on air board through a second board which was
manned by a union tech.

-D

------ Original Message ------
From: Tom Dimeo <mwamdx at earthlink.net>
To: broadcast at radiolists.net
Subject: [BC] AFM Rules

Back in 1964 I visited WBZ 1030 in Boston and they had the
announcer who did everything except turn the microphone on
and off.  There was an engineer who did that.  The person
giving the tour said they just couldn't convince the union to
give up having the engineer doing everything.

Guess it was the same thing as requiring fireman on a diesel
locomotive.

** Original Message From: DHultsman5 at aol.com **