[BC] Gates Yard schematic or manual

DHultsman5@aol.com DHultsman5
Thu Oct 27 07:28:22 CDT 2005

In a message dated 10/25/2005 12:53:21 AM Central Standard Time,
dynotherm at earthlink.net writes:

UNLESS ... you fed the supply terminals for the lights from the  same circuit
you used to feed the PS/mon/mute module. <g>

The  really cute part about this way you could mount that chassis in the CR
and  not hear the clicks on air via the CR mike because the relays made
almost
no noise when they dropped out, unlike when pulling  in.

Phil Alexander, CSRE, AMD

Phil:

I recall that at one time the power supply, relay chassis and monitor amp
were all modular and were mounted on a plug-in shelf.  Is that  correct?

If so I guess the one I had was all one chassis.  The monitor amp used  the
6BQ5 tubes, driven by a 12AU7 phase inverter.  The 6BQ5's ran very hot  and i
recall some regular problems with the monitor amplifier.  We had to  be able to
operate with an auxiliary monitor amplifier on occassions while I  repair the
6BQ5 circuit board.

The relays made very little noise when the dropped out and muted the
speakers on the Dualax console.

On the tube type stereo yard the two power supply/monitor amplifier amps I
recall having essentially a spare DC supply for the console but having similiar
 problems with the left and right monitor amplifiers even though they had
changed  the tube from 6BQ5's to something else.

I finally installed a McIntosh  MC-230 stereo 30 Watt monitor  amplifier and
solved the amplifier problem.

Dave