[BC] Why FM took off in the 70 s

Rich Wood richwood
Tue Oct 25 20:00:33 CDT 2005

------ At 06:59 PM 10/25/2005, SteveOrdinetz wrote: -------

>When I was a teenager, I had the opposite complaint...I'd buy the 45
>expecting it to be the same version I'd hear on the radio and then
>felt like I got took because I got the long version instead of the
>one I wanted.  I rarely if ever listened to AOR.

Either way it's a serious problem. At one of the syndicators I worked
for some "wrong" versions were used. We got Hell from stations. Both
from the PDs who recognized the wrong cut and through them from their
listeners. Play what listeners expect, especially with Oldies or
you'll pay a heavy price.

Rich

Rich Wood
Rich Wood Multimedia