[BC] Early formats on FM

Rob Atkinson ranchorobbo
Mon Oct 24 17:21:26 CDT 2005

oh boy i'm going to gamble on a wild guess and say that I think there was
for awhile, a station in memphis that was owned by sam phillips, wher, and
it was all female talent (but i'm basing that partly on paul c's tip-off
post).   I dimly recall hearing something about that station from Dave Black
who used to be at WMC, but i can't recall its dial spot.  in the 1300s?
pretty sure it was AM.

rob atkinson

   Who wants to tell the rest of group what else a listener would notice
that was unique about this station.

   Hint: A listener would notice the same unique feature listening  a
certain Memphis AM.
   Not sure if the Memphis AM was unique during the same years.

*****

Albert