[BC] Re: Saving Your Own Life

Lamar Owen lowen
Mon Oct 24 12:24:14 CDT 2005

On Friday 21 October 2005 10:04, Mike McCarthy wrote:
> Harris SX series has two (Control and RF), plus whatever was wired into the
> rack bay section in front.  Some stations with SX1 and 2.5 wired two
> circuits for the box, others 1.  On the 5, you had to use two as the
> control side was single phase the RF was three phase.

The Harris DX25U I put in at WKJV had two sources of AC as well; 480 three
phase for the RF, and 120 single phase for control.  The recommended
installation was with two separate breakers, as well, rather than use the
three phase feed off a step-down.  In the case of WKJV, the only voltage
available was 120/208, so a fairly sizable step up transformer was used to
derive the 480.
--
Lamar Owen
Director of Information Technology