[BC] A new digital band

Rich Wood richwood
Sun Oct 23 20:23:28 CDT 2005

------ At 04:49 PM 10/23/2005, Robert Meuser wrote: -------

>You must have not listened to FM much when you were in NYC.  There
>is some serious ducting in August. I have been able to easily see
>the Empire State Building and hear a distant station on an NYC channel.

I often listened to FM but never in 20 years there experienced
ducting. My first apartment on Park Avenue looked directly at Empire
but FM reception at the time was on cable. I'd sit at the window
during storms and watch Empire get struck by lightning repeatedly.
Beautiful. I then moved to the West Village/Meatpacking district and
had terrible problems with FM. For a couple of years FM was still on
cable, then digital came along and I was relegated to rabbit ears.

Rich