[BC] Channel 5 and Channel 6

PeterH5322@aol.com PeterH5322
Sun Oct 23 15:11:03 CDT 2005

> BTW the 2-4 list is longer than 5&6!! I was totally surprised at that..

Many have erroneously maintained that DTV wasn't allowed on Chs. 2-6,
only on Chs. 7-13, among Vees, but a search of applications and
construction permits for DTVs on those channels reveals many of them.

One is in the nation's 3rd largest market ... WBBM-TV/2 has its DTV on 3.

Right now, WBBM-DT is licensed on Ch. 3, so they're way, way past the ap
and CP stage.

In my area, an H-band VHF with a UHF DTV allocation moved its analog
tranmsitter by more than a few miles (40 ?) in order to qualify for a
change to a VHF DTV allocation. This DTV station is also in the licensed
phase, and has been for several years.