[BC] Why FM took off in the 60's

Rob Atkinson ranchorobbo
Sun Oct 23 14:58:14 CDT 2005

AM was okay (in fact only weirdoos listened to FM) when rock was all short
little numbers no more than 4 min. long.  then around 1967 concept albums
started coming out like sgt. pepper with loooong cuts that AM didn't want to
deal with except with short versions the purists rejected (light my fire).
FM stations started broadcasting whole album sides, long hairs and flower
children dug it, and that started the end of AM rock and roll.

rob atkinson / k5uj
st. charles IL

From: "frankgott at aol.com" <reader at oldradio.com>
To: broadcast at radiolists.net
Subject: [BC] Why FM took off in the 60's
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2005 08:26:01 -0700

In a message dated 10/22/2005 6:42:03 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
richwood at pobox.com writes:

<< I hate it when that happens. You gave in to your parents. Most teens
  would find the most raucous, immoral rock and roll just to irritate
  them. >>

Rock'n'Roll simulcasts corrupted by mind.  I caught h-e-hockeysticks for
spending my money on the radio.  $18 was big money is those days for a
13-yr-old.

The classical and beautiful music won over my parents.  they had programming
to listen to unavailable on AM.  My my.  Content!

FG

http://www.radiolists.net/