[BC] Why FM took off in the 60's

Rich Wood richwood
Sun Oct 23 13:12:38 CDT 2005

------ At 11:26 AM 10/23/2005, frankgott at aol.com wrote: -------

>Rock'n'Roll simulcasts corrupted by mind.  I caught h-e-hockeysticks for
>spending my money on the radio.  $18 was big money is those days for
>a 13-yr-old.
>
>The classical and beautiful music won over my parents.  they had programming
>to listen to unavailable on AM.  My my.  Content!

I can't imagine a 13 year old voluntarily listening to beautiful
music unless there were an ulterior motive. 13 is a little young to
understand the seduction value of the format, so it had to be to keep
Mom and Dad sedated. I'll bet rich kids bought two radios. One was
placed close to their bedroom door so parents thought they were
listening to it. The second radio was tuned to corrupting formats.
Funny how times change. Today Madonna and Gangsta Rap have replaced
Elvis as masters of corruption. Janet Jackson isn't far behind for video buffs.

Rich