[BC] Listening t ests... how valid?

Cowboy curt
Sun Oct 23 09:54:09 CDT 2005

On Saturday 22 October 2005 08:34 pm, Ron Cole wrote:

>Why not reallocate some spectrum for Digital Radio, say TV Channels 2-6.
>TV Stations will leave that band soon and its not worth much as a Two
>Way band but could make a nice Digital Radio band.

 Why not ?
 Primarily, because that question was asked and answered years ago,
 and the answer was no.

>Make it open standard, didital only and let the best Codex Win..

 There could be some merit in that, but it was tried.
 Can you say AMStereo ?
 Remember, there was more than one entrant in the field, but in
 true capitalistic fashion, one bought out the others, and became
 what we now know as ibiquity.

 It's my opinion that had Kahn bought out Motorola, or had he sold
 out to anyone, we'd still have AMStereo yet today, and might still
 be arguing about how almost any other system would have been
 better than whatever survived.

--
Cowboy

http://cowboys.homeip.net

A diplomat is someone who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that
you will look forward to the trip.