[BC] HD Radio -- Folks we have to get it right!

Rich Wood richwood
Sat Oct 22 17:40:15 CDT 2005

------ At 11:32 AM 10/22/2005, FrankGott at aol.com wrote: -------

>FM was affordable in the early 60s.  This teenager saved his nickels to
>purchase a Granco tabletop FM radio for about $18.  Sure, it just
>had a 3" speaker.
>  But growing up in a small town far from the big city it brought clear
>reception of simulcasts of stations difficult to receive on AM.  The
>FM band also
>exposed me to classical and beautiful music, which was acceptable to
>my parents.

I hate it when that happens. You gave in to your parents. Most teens
would find the most raucous, immoral rock and roll just to irritate
them. The kids probably couldn't stand the stuff, either, but it was
the principle of the thing. Most parents would think their sons were
gay if they listened to beautiful music as a teen. Hustle them right
over to Dr. Something Ph.D. Of course that's always a great way to
upset them even more. Use that as a last resort.

Rich