[BC] HD Radio -- Folks we have to get it right!

FrankGott@aol.com FrankGott
Sat Oct 22 11:10:15 CDT 2005

In a message dated 10/20/2005 9:29:44 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
amstereoexp at yahoo.com writes:

<< In the 1960s, FM Stereo strived to appeal to audiophiles, and with the FM
 programming of that era, it did.  The typical consumer wasn't interested
 in FM radio back then, because they couldn't afford it, and even if they
 could, most of its programming wouldn't appeal to them anyway. >>

FM was affordable in the early 60s.  This teenager saved his nickels to
purchase a Granco tabletop FM radio for about $18.  Sure, it just had a 3" speaker.
 But growing up in a small town far from the big city it brought clear
reception of simulcasts of stations difficult to receive on AM.  The FM band also
exposed me to classical and beautiful music, which was acceptable to my parents.

This is how the FM bandwagon slowly began to roll-out.

Frank Gottlieb
waxing nostalgic