[BC] RE: HD Radio -- Folks we have to get it right!

Bill Sepmeier dcpowerandlight
Sat Oct 22 13:57:01 CDT 2005

>From: Peter Smerdon The sense I'm getting from the list (and so far away)
>is that AM has a real problem, which  may never be solved - but FM ... well
>everyone's just quietly going about their business deploying it.

The majority of the deployment on FM (and AM) has been by the radio groups
who bought into the manufacturing company as shareholders some years ago and
now have little choice but to deploy or look like idiots... and to them the
costs are just an intra-corporate bookkeeping entry, not real cash out, so
even if they lose it all, they "made money" buying the stuff from
themselves.  The folks in Reno are NOT dumb... they knew that if they roped
the large operators in as shareholders they'd gain "instant legs" no matter
how poor the product really turned out...

:-)