[BC] The difference in what we hear

dcpowerandlight@hotmail.com reader
Sat Oct 22 04:52:32 CDT 2005

>From: Robert Orban At this point, I am going to bow out of this
>thread. I've made my points and I really don't want to get involved
>in another endless, circular argument. This thread is beginning to
>remind of the USENET group rec.audio.high-end, where nothing seems
>to get discussed except sighted vs. double-blind listening tests.
>You can leave the group, come back a year later, and nothing will have changed.

Bob,

The difference is that this thread is made up of thousands of
long-time broadcast engineering pros, not a bunch of hifi geeks on
UseNet.  Broadcast pros who have seen through IBUZ from many
different angles, even though they are still being required to
implement it.  Folks who know who'll get the blame when it sucks a
lot more than the marketing folks in Reno and the folks who've
hitched their own shareholder's wagons to the thing admit today, when
these goobs walk away wealthy with short-term profits at the
industry's expense.

But ... I resigned this thing in my last post, albeit for different
reasons ... let's let the marketplace decide and then see who has
their credibility intact ... I'm betting my money against it, you're
not ... see you in the financial pages in a few years once it's all
sorted out!  :-)