[BC] Subsidy For Digital TV?

SHAFFER, RANDY L RandyShaffer
Sat Oct 22 00:20:02 CDT 2005

  Jack wrote -
>>My favorites are the LG's (also badged as Zenith), the Sylvania (Made by
>>Funai and sold by Sears) and the US-DTV.  They are all sensitive and perform
>>well in a multipath environment.

 Rich responded -
>Any idea which chipset the Samsung SIR-T451 uses?

I agree with Jack, my Zenith has been really good compared to my first tuner. We have tried Samsung units here at the station with various issues. The early ones just didn't pick up well and had dropouts. I saw a number of them on the "out-of-box" special shelf at Circuit City. I asked them why they had so many and was told that the Samsungs had some problems but the newer
units were much better. We had a newer unit at the station that constantly overheated. We finally stuck a muffin fan on top and that took care of it. Our most recent tuner is a Motorola and that seems to perform well.

Randy Shaffer
WLYH-TV/WHP-TV
Harrisburg, PA